Pacific Rim 2013 Movie Directed by Guillermo del Toro
Pacific Rim Movie By Guillermo del Toro

Kaiju species

TheDude

Just a thought, but couldn't each kaiju be part of it's own species? Knifehead is a species as is Otachi, Leatherback, Scunner, etc? Each one in the movie is just one of many that live in their world.

Godzilla is said to be a species called Godzillasaurus before he was mutated. T-rex type dinosaurs that were 12 meters tall. Godzilla belonged to that dinosaur species.

It's possible the PR kaiju are the same. We only see one example of each different species of kaiju in the film.

5 Replies

Great Cthulhu

I'm running on the theory that each kaiju is unique and specially built for a single purpose, the destruction of humans and their works.

Its supported by what we know so far: Kaiju make beelines for human cities to rampage, if killed a Kaiju melts into a toxic substance called Kaiju Blue that can wipe out a city, and the fact that we only see singular examples of each Kaiju (so far as we can tell from trailers).

TheDude

It's also said we see what it's like on the other side.

So could it be possible these kaiju are engineered by whoever is sending them? Similar to how we send robots to other planets.

Great Cthulhu

They might be. I don't think this film dwells too much on the question of whats behind the kaiju though since its about the human resistance. I think the 2nd movie will provide a lot more answers.

jdon1

Otachi is like a pteradactly like kaiju

Kaiju Blue

The real question still remains if you are sending Kaiju, How are you recording the results/performance. How and who is monitoring?

Personally I agree with Great Cthulhu the kaiju are designed for a specific purpose pehaps even a location in mind.

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Follow News on Pacific Rim 2
Pacific Rim Fan Discussions
3 replies
pacific rim game dlcs

Oct-07-2014 4:46 PM

0 replies
NECA Pacific Rim Jaegers!

Aug-20-2014 7:44 AM

0 replies
UPDATED: NECA kaiju figure: GODZILLA '94

Aug-14-2014 2:00 PM

10 replies
Made My Own Jaeger

Jul-30-2014 4:31 PM

1 replies
Pacific rim browser game

Jul-28-2014 8:48 PM

0 replies
First look: NECA's Scunner figure

Jul-11-2014 2:05 PM

Latest Pacific Rim Images
Recent Status Updates
Godzilla316 Just did 3757 meters in rowing :o So tired
Godzilla316 Drinking Oros :)
Sci-Fi King25 I'm out for the night. Bye guys! (Happy Halloween!)
Raptor-401 Just gonna hand out candy this year, dressing up as Link.
Sci-Fi King25 @Daikaiju_Danielle, the new comic was pretty good. I loved the other monsters that looked like the MUTOs
Sci-Fi King25 Also, I haven't seen Alien yet, but I loved Aliens and Predator. AVP was okay.
Sci-Fi King25 4.5 pounds of candy after wind, rain, snow, and cold.
up

More from Scified

Latest News & Articles

Part of the SciFied Fan Site Network
© 2012 - 2013 SciFied.com
Legal | Terms of Use